Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday 10th March 2010…… a step further north!!

First I must come clean and confess that the photo of the Yellow Fin Tuna I am holding in my post of a few days ago was not caught by my good self……were walking along the beach and a commercial fisherman had caught it,  I was just fooling, don’t anyone tell Frank!!!!!!

We had a great sleep and the surf did not keep us awake.  Sara and I have a system in place sort of a working agreement……I work and she agrees!!!!!   Here is how I spend the mornings after I have made her coffee and breakfast!!

mar10 001

This is how Sara spends her mornings….

 

mar10 017

Our first stop this morning was in a tiny town called Matanchen which is very famous for its banana bread.  We went to this stall

mar10 005

and the owner told us the bread was still in the oven and to come back in 25 minutes.  I must thank Sara because I wanted to go but she wanted to stay and wait.

mar10 006 The ovens and the final product and I am so glad we waited!!!

mar10 007

Two of the best loaves I have tasted and the cost for both 50 pesos, about 4 dollars!!!

Back at Ramona we couldn’t wait to sample the hot bread!!

mar10 008

We drove about 200 km today first on roads like this

mar10 009

then on toll roads till we arrived at today's destination a large RV park just outside a town called Teacapan in the State of Sinaloa.

Again we are right on the ocean

mar10 012

mar10 015

mar10 011

The drive to the park was on a dusty lane and on either side were fields with workers harvesting tomatoes some of the workers had their children with them and we stopped and gave the kids candy, the smiles were worth the stop!!

mar10 010

Sara and I had a great 2 hour walk along the beach in the sun before it turned a little cloudy.

mar10 021

mar10 018

Our days are enjoyable as we move gradually closer to the border…..the same cannot be said of the evenings!!!!!  I think in future just assume that Sara wins the card games, the dice games,  the scrabble games, the backgammon games……if by some fluke or the right alignment of the stars I eke out a victory you will know!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...