Monday, March 01, 2010

Monday 1st March 2010…..on the road yet again!!!

 

I left Barra at 8.30am and it was a 5 hour drive to Puerto Vallarta which will now be referred to as PV

mar1 006

The drive was on a 2 lane twisty and narrow road and the last 30 miles into PV is horrendous with many pot holes.  For all the road construction and repairs I have seen all over Mexico these last few months,  this stretch which houses some of the more affluent homes in PV has always been a nightmare.

The drive through PV is a bit scary

mar1 009

mar1 010

As Ramona has dual wheels I have to drive in what they call the laterals.  The side roads where all the buses and trucks go..mmm say no more.  Anyway arrived at the RV park and settled in.

mar1 011

I know I sometimes say this is my blog and I can write what I wish, to a certain extent that is true but I do try to keep it light and funny although I do at times get serious and talk of my family, my parents and my upbringing.  Some things that I do stay away from are views on politics, religion and sexual content but I do want to make a comment about this park.

I knew before I got here that it was mainly occupied by French Canadians and it is true, perhaps 98% of the rigs are from Quebec.  It is also the most expensive park I have stayed in to date in Mexico at 27 dollars plus 10 dollars a day for Internet!!!!

I do feel like I am in France, even the signs are in French which I have no objection to but I have drawn the line at answering the people in French,  so if they speak to me I answer in Spanish.  I just feel it is polite when in a different country to try to adopt some of their customs and language……..

I went into town this afternoon and it confirmed what I already know….I do not like big cities….the traffic is terrible and they drive like maniacs.  Lots of Burger Kings, Pizza Huts…..just not for me.

mar1 014

mar1 015 The inside of the church is beautiful.

mar1 020

I shall never forget the above arches….two years ago when my brother was here we walked down here and I remember taking a photo of him underneath the arch.  To get the full arches in view you have to step back and back to get it in focus BUT

mar1 021 as you step back looking in your view finder you don’t realize there is about a five foot sheer drop off!!!!

When Malc and I were here we were doing just that when I saw this little girl of about 12 years of age do what I just described and she stepped back and fell flat on her back.  I immediately threw my camera to Malc and jumped down to her, everybody seemed to be fixed in a time warp.  I checked her out and she was so brave and was not crying.  I comforted her and gently found that she seemed to be uninjured although upset.  Her Grandmother came to me and thanked me and thankfully the little girl was OK but this is for sure a disaster waiting to happen.

Stopped and checked this game out on the way home..

mar1 024

mar1 022

I stopped at Wal-Mart and bought some groceries the place was thronged with Gringos and I hope the fact that i was short changed at the cash register by 50 pesos was just an error on the cashiers behalf, which she gladly gave to me when I pointed it out to her!!

I have to get a good nights sleep tonight as I have to get up early and clean and get Ramona for Sara’s arrival at 5pm tomorrow…..blessings to all.

Sorry this post was a bit tedious!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...