Monday, April 23, 2007

The first set of photos are of the church and the Tabernacle in Temple Square in Salt Lake City and a glimpse of all the beautiful flowers surrounding the buildings. It was a very interesting morning and one I shall not forget. I drove down town and found a parking spot, traffic was light and as you can tell the sun was shining and the sky was blue. In Temple Square are many buildings all belonging to the Mormons and this is right in the centre of town, there was a Church visitor's booth and I went there and was handed over to young ladies about 25 years of age, one was from New York and the other from London and both were missionaries. These ladies were beautiful, bright, articulate and very dedicated to their church. I had a private tour of all the buildings except the Tabernacle, which is not open to the public. They answered every question I asked and asked me many also. I found a lot of their beliefs very similar to the Salvation Army, where I was raised . The tour finished in this remarkably beautiful church and I was sat at the front and the ladies were stood to the aside and told me the tour had finished and how much they had enjoyed giving me the tour and they wanted to end with singing me a song. Which is what they did, they stood there and sang a verse of a hymn and it was so touching that goose's went up my arms!!!!!! It really was a great and fitting end to my journey. The other two photos were taken of the river running through Twin Falls, I put the golf green shot in for my brother, what a hole that must be. Well I am now in Baker City, Oregon after driving 855 kms today and I have checked the maps and realised I get home tomorrow night, so that is the plan, a long drive tomorrow, then ferry and home. I have received so many gracious comments about the blog that I have decided to keep it going. It won't be every day(don't ask me how I got to type in this print and I don't know how to get out of it) but I shall try and keep it interesting. So my next installment will be fro Nanaimo. THANK YOU everyone for joining my journey, you made it extra special for me.....Les


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...