Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Tuesday 13 th November 2018....Paola!!!

This was taken from my blog in December 2008 and tells of my first meeting with Paola...



The next part of my day was incredible and so touching.  I had signed up to sponsor a child from a local home for disadvantaged  girls and to take the child Christmas shopping.  I was a little apprehensive as the instructions were very open,  an appointment was made for me to go to the home, CASA Hogar pick up the girl and take her shopping then bring her back home.  I went with an open mind and I was blown away.

First of all it was very difficult to find Casa Hogar





 and

when I rang the bell the door was opened by the Madre, who greeted me and took me inside.  Madre then went to fetch the girl I was to take shopping.  Please meet Paola, she is 8 years old.





We introduced ourselves and then we left, as soon as we started to walk down the path so nonchalantly and lovingly Paola held my hand.  We walked about 300 yards till we found a taxi, we tried to talk to each other and she held my hand the whole time and looked at me with those eyes and kept smiling.

The instructions I had were to spend 500 pesos and Paola could pick what she wanted.  We went to a big store where we first bought some clothes that she picked out.





Paola chose a pink dress, a white sweater, gloves, hat and some sandals.  The next aisle we went into was the hair aisle where she picked a hair brush and clips for her hair and then some gel for her hair.





Now it was time for chocolates!!





Of course Paola had to have a toy…





We then went through the checkout





then went for a drink and a treat and then took the taxi back to the home.

Paola was so sweet and I was smitten with her and already decided that I was going to make an attempt to make a small difference in her life.  When I came home I checked the web site for the orphanage www.santajulia.org and found that it is possible to join a program called “Support a girl”.  For a monthly donation some of Paola’s needs will be meet.


This afternoon I spoke to Paola I called her on her cell phone...it has been three years since I have seen her so it was wonderful to talk with her.....obviously my Spanish is very limited and her English also but we have arranged to meet on Friday afternoon and Gracie is coming along and her Spanish is very good.....


Makes a nice Christmas surprise for me!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Wow! This is amazing to read, you'll have a great time reconnecting and making future plans…

mexicokid said...

I sure hope so thanks les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...