Saturday, November 03, 2018

Saturday 3rd November 2018...what were you doing ten years ago?????

Monday…..

 pplm 003  At Heather and Kirby’s home I am sharing a bedroom with their youngest son, Zach.  The first night I had some fun and put a golf club under his pillow and then the fight began…so each night it is a competition to outdo the other well last night I think Zach won…on my bed were all these stuffed 

animals andpplm 001 they were all mooning me!!!!pplm 013

My very, very, very, very, very, (happy now Chris?) good friends, Pat and Chris took me out tonight for a lovely meal, thank you.

Then later on that evening Heather treated myself and Eileen to a concert at our very beautiful theatre.  The Soweto Gospel Choir were performing.  Words are hard to describe the energy, beauty and sheer joy of this concert.  The singing was divine, the colour and vividness of the costumes was amazing, it was such a fabulous evening, thank you so much!!!!

When it comes to vocal talent, Africa, and more particularly South Africa, has spawned the most evocative sounds on earth and still produces the very best that the world has to offer in this art form. Soweto Gospel Choir is that very best.

Expect earthy rhythms, rich harmonies, acapella numbers as well as accompaniment by an exciting 4 piece band and percussion section. Add to this, energetic dancing and vibrant, colourful costumes, and the mix is awesomeThis young dynamic choir performs both traditional and contemporary music, adding its own unique feel and interpretation to both. The choir performs in 6 of South Africa’s 11 official languages.

This magnificent 52 strong, choir, styled with a contemporary feel, leaves all who hear it stunned with emotion. It is small wonder that they are charting a meteoric rise to international fame. Those that saw the 46664 Concert in Cape Town 2003, under the auspices of former President Nelson Mandela, will have witnessed Soweto Gospel Choir in action alongside other musical greats like Bono; Queen; Anastacia; Peter Gabriel; Jimmy Cliff; and the Eurythmics. 

pplm 019

It is now only a few days before I leave on my next big adventure.  Thursday morning Ramona and I hit the road for Victoria and the ferry to Port Angeles….will write more about this in a couple of days, best wishes to all..


That was me ten years ago......good times!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...