Monday, November 19, 2018

Monday 19th November 2018......a day off!

Today is a National holiday all across Mexico but it seems the parade will be tomorrow morning..so I will try to catch some of it after tennis.


Gracie and I walked up to one of the local markets looking for stuffed animals or dolls for the kindergarten girls....we did find some nice ones for 70 pesos....


We have a little dilemma and would welcome your thoughts.....do you think a kindergarten aged girl that really gets nothing would prefer a nice stuffed animal.......a baby doll.......or a nice small bag filled with all sorts of little goodies and games??????


I had another great workout out the gym and I do feel I am getting stronger....


No English class tonight because of the holiday and I have a special treat for them on Wednesday..stay tuned!!!


Tonight I am watching a really good series on Netflix  called The KAMINSKY Method..two great actors  Michael Douglas and Alan Atkin....


Yashi Kochi!!!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, I sent you an e-mail with some ideas, but I understand the situation as regards to toys for children when they may not have basic necessities. When you visited the schools, could you determine who supplied the necessary school items like pencils, paper, textbooks, etc.? Do the children wear uniforms to school and who pays for those? Do the children bring lunch to school or is it provided by the school? Where I am going here is trying to consider their needs, but at the same time create some joy. That is hard to do.

But children's eyes light up when they get a toy. We know the boys will love the soccer balls, and the little ones will enjoy toys, too. I believe toys are just part of an enrichment program for children and helps them to become creative.

mexicokid said...

I just wrote you back thanks....yes they do wear uniforms which the parents have to pay and most of the schools have a lunch program.... think the gift bags with lots of little bright things for the girls would be welcome.....have a great day Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...