Sunday, December 24, 2017

Sunday 24th December 2017....Just had to tell

you what happened this morning....

I really enjoy Christmas music and this morning the Community Church here in town was having their Christmas carol service and I went...I have been to the church a few times before and last when Linda was here in September...the people are very welcoming and kind.

As I arrived and  going into the church, no the roof did not cave in!!!  A woman was handing out the programs they were 3 pages stapled together and on every seat there was a six inch long white candle

.

I sat close to the back behind two charming older ladies and the service began....there was some robust singing of carols, a short and powerful sermon and then they dimmed the lights in the church and came around and you lit your  own candle.

So with candles lit they asked us to stand and we sang Oh Little town of Bethlehem......I was singing but watching the lady in front of me who was engrossed in the song that she did not know that she was starting to set the last page of her program alight!!!...

It burst into flames and I immediately grabbed it from her and stomped out the flames and then gave her my program....it happened so fast and now we can smile about it but it could have been very sad.....



After the service I was like the local hero!!!!!!!!!

Always a story to tell right????

Please read the next blog to get your Christmas wishes!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...