Saturday, December 16, 2017

Saturday 16th December 2017.....9 years ago!!!

I often like to read my old posts this
one is from 2008!!!

Hope you enjoy!!!!!




FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2008


You know the song, “It’s my party and I’LL cry if I want to?” Put these words to that tune,'”It’s my blog and I’LL gloat if I want to, gloat if I want to, gloat if I want to, you would gloat too if it happened to you”.

Ok imagine this I have the satellite radio cranked up so I can hear it outside.piy 001 I am in this venue with chair, English version of the local paper, orange juice and fresh banana breadpiy 003 have my laundry drying in the sunpiy 005 all this time the little white flakes are falling in Nanaimo!!!!….That is it gloating over.

Today is a huge holiday and celebration in Mexico..
- Feast of the Virgin of Guadalupe. The most famous and beloved icon in all Mexico, the Virgin of Guadalupe is the patron saint of the country and the "Empress of Latin America." To Mexicans, she is The Mother. You will never enter a Catholic church in Mexico without finding her portrait somewhere.
This is her story: In 1531, an indigenous man, Juan Diego, was on his way to church when the Virgin appeared to him on Tepayac Hill, near Mexico City. She instructed him to tell the bishop to build her a church on that spot. But poor Juan, being only an Indian, could not convince the bishop he was telling the truth. So the Virgin appeared to him again. At her feet, Spanish roses grew, even though it was winter. She told him to wrap them in his cloak and take them to the bishop as proof of the miracle. When he spilled the roses at the bishop's feet, the brown-skinned Virgin's image had been imprinted on the cloak—which is now in the Basilica of the Virgin of Guadalupe that stands on Tepayac Hill.
Everywhere are shines with beautiful flowers.piy 023piy 045  piy 056
piy 008










I followed this paradepiy 046

piy 053piy 050





to a local school where a huge celebration was taking place.  These people sure know how to have a party.piy 010 piy 042

piy 043
Love this photo of the kids.
piy 012piy 015

piy 022
piy 029
piy 035
piy 040 It was a great party hard to describe the music and the laughter and the sheer joy of everyone there.
On the walk backpiy 007

piy 006
I then met with the Director of the home where Paola lives and I learned so much about this home which is funded and run totally on the generosity of people who want to help and I have arranged to have a tour of the home next.  The Director Robin is another of those dedicated people with Angel wings!!
I had an interesting ride home in a cab the driver was teaching me Spanish and I actually understood most of what he was saying!piy 060
Now back home with a huge pan of fresh strawberriespiy 062 ready for the freezer then a few days later breakfast.
Now it is 9pm and guess what I am doing??piy 061


Was it a good day, well I think so…

5 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, is Paola in a different home than the one she was in when she was so very small? I thought her mother took her away from San Miguel. If you can't explain on the forum, I understand.

mexicokid said...

No I can Paola left Casa Hogar maybe 5 years ago which in a way was good for me because I could see her more often..over 2 years ago her Mother got into an abusive relationship and suddenly one day when I went to the place they were living, a tin shack, there was no more tin shack and they had vanished...I spent a long time searching without ever finding out what happened...I would have thought that as this is a smallish town I would one day see her on the street but this has not been the case which leads me to believe they may have left town....she would be 16 years of age now and i just hope she is Ok..thanks for asking les

Dee Tillotson said...

If you can't find Paola, I guess no one can since you are a former police officer trained in investigative techniques. The worry must be depressing especially at this time of year when children should be enjoying the holiday season.

mexicokid said...

I will write to you privately and explain blessings les

living.boondockingmexico said...

It´s cold here in the north! Brrr.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...