Monday, December 11, 2017

Monday 11th December 2017...a sad day!!

I received an e mail from my Brother this afternoon informing me that our one and only and lovely Aunt Rita had suffered a massive stroke and had passed away....

The family history is that my Uncle Bram, my Dad's younger brother who will turn 91 in two weeks was married to Rita for over 60 years and I last saw them at my brother's golden wedding last year in October.

It was Rita's birthday on the 29th November and I posted this photo..

Rita and Bram at the sea side....this was a special photo because we walked along the beach where I as a kid walked with my Grand Dad, Bram's Dad and he used to wear his hankie over his head....this was taken maybe 4 years ago.

I am happy to say that my brother Malc and his lovely wife, Janet went last Tuesday and took Rita and Bram out for dinner, at their favorite fish and chip restaurant.

It seems we Pearson's have a habit which is a good one of passing away suddenly without any hospitalization and long term care, which was the case for my Mum and Dad!!

Rita you are loved and missed....

Yashi Kochi!!!


7 comments:

Croft said...

So sorry Les, it is difficult to be living so far away from family.

mexicokid said...

Thanks Croft she was a gem..and yes being far away is hard les

Unknown said...

So sorry Les, you have written about her often. your right about a sudden death being better as opposed to a long lingering illness. My mother took seven long weeks of suffering before she left this earth. It was brutal. Happy memories are a wonderful thing.

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Sorry for your loss, married 60 years is a great achievemnet in this day and age. She looks like a feisty lady!

mexicokid said...

Thank you so much and yes when you get over the shock that is the way to go both my parents passed in their sleep 12 years apart have a great day thanks les

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, so sorry for your loss of Aunt Rita. A 60-year marriage is a marriage that must have been made in heaven. Your Uncle Bram will come through this with a lot of love and attention from family.

mexicokid said...

yes that is for sure thanks Dee...

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...