Friday, December 22, 2017

Friday 22nd December 2017...have not had one of these in a long while!!!!

A PEARSON DAY...which is defined in the Oxford Dictionary as a day to myself, no appointments, no seeing anyone and usually going off into the hills!!!

Which is what I did.....enjoy the mystery drive....

Never know what you might meet on these small roads....

A nice panoramic view...
If I ever see anything and think should I stop and go look or not..I always do.....
and came across the charming small village..

Another small town specializes in selling these wooden animals!!!
Then I was into the city of tunnels, Guanajuato



This looks like a church but it is actually a restaurant....
The view of the city...
My next little town was Santa Rosa de Lima and I saw the church in the valley and wondered if I could find a road down there
Sure did a bit small but no traffic
Yes I went through here
A lovely church and a very quiet village..



Back on the road I saw this and right at the peak of the hill I saw a cross
See it now with the great zoom on my camera...
and I wanted to hike to the summit...found a dirt road that took me into this very small village where I asked if it was OK to park and set off for the cross..

It was hard going with no trails and through lots of scrub brush and after maybe 45 minutes reached the top

Great views of the valley

Coming down was much harder and I could not find the way I had come up and finished going down through some very nasty and sharp bushes...took me a lot longer to find my  way back to the car and i was thinking I bet there are not many guys from England done this trek!!!

My hiking wounds....

Back on the road again and just outside San Miguel on a very straight stretch of road came across this..it had just happened the Police were there but not the ambulance yet....
Sadly on the other side of the truck was a car that was very badly crushed....


I was gone all day and spoke to no one and now after a nice dinner a long shower and soothing my arms and legs with cream have some tea and going to watch a show!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!!

7 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, Beach and I wish you a very Merry Christmas! We made it to Titusville, FL last night. What a cattle drive on I-95! Ready to get on the ship in about three hours.

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Wow, what a lot of scratches, bleeding and all, but the view was worth it. It must be fun to go exploring in the country side. May you have a merry Christmas. Best to you for the new year too. Snow is in the forecast here, a white Christmas is guaranteed!

mexicokid said...

Dee glad you made it now enjoy no cooking no making beds merry and safe travels les

Yes i did take a beating but healing nicely..thanks for the good wishes stay warm and safe best wishes les

Rick said...

Les, if off-trail you must have a machete and long sleeve shirt. But you know that.

I love reading about your adventures in the wild!

mexicokid said...

there is just a tiny small Pearson trait that crops up now and again..cheers les

Sondra said...

Love the pix of the entire herd of animals crossing the road.
Horses, cows, sheep and burros. Where's the chickens?

Feliz Navidad,
Sondra

mexicokid said...

i know i noticed that too looks like he was going to the ark.....les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...