Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thursday 23 rd November 217..Road trip Day 6!!!

To all my wonderful and special American friends and readers let me wish you all or as they say here in Texas ya all a wonderful happy safe and healthy Thanksgiving celebration!!!!

Well a cold snap moved in overnight and boy was it cold in the RV this morning till the furnace kicked in.....poor Little Bluey he needs a pullover, if  you are a Limey you know what a pullover is!!!

Yes a message in ice crystals!!!!
Said fond farewells to my host and was on the road by 10 am and my first stop was here....
two short hikes to upper and lower falls...so very lovely!!!





Yes that is my foot in the lower right corner getting a bird's eye view!!

By taking the back roads I was able to see some of small town America!!!




Another reflection shot!!!
The church in the valley, as the old country song goes!!!!!
I arrived at my airbnb around 4 pm and it is small but very clean and nice with my own entrance and fridge and microwave.......







I got settled in and then went to meet Kirsten who I know as she is the daughter of my tennis partner Carolyn.....at her home about a mile away...Alys her daughter was there and they had cooked a full blown wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and we had a fabulous meal and great conversations.....thank you so very much!!!

Back at the air bnb time to read and then hit the hay...tomorrow I leave and will go visit some of downtown San Antonio before driving back to Laredo and the same bnb as I stayed on Saturday......

Yashi Kochi!!!



No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...