Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tuesday 17th October 2017 ..a trip down memory lane!!!

So what were you doing 6 years ago today???

Me??

This is my post 17th October 2011!!!!

I stayed up a little late last night watching a movie and so slept in till almost 9am!!!!
This has been a really good place to park very quiet and safe and close to everything.
I decided after a few days of big cities and lots of sight seeing to have a short drive day find an RV park and mellow for the day which is exactly what I did!!
I am now in the State of
oct18 002
in the beautiful town of
oct18 001
This is mountain country and this is the start of the Sky line Trail which turns into the Blue Ridge Parkway which goes almost 500 miles into the State of Tennessee and is rated as one of the top scenic byways in America!!
I found a Passport America campground and it cost me 21 dollars…..I have never been in such a big park
oct18 014
Over 450 spaces and ball courts, pools everything it is like a time share resort but most things are closed now but still lots of RV’s here!!!
oct18 006
I arrived around 11am so I get my monies worth…. first on the agenda was laundry….nice machines so all I have now are clean clothes!!
oct18 004
I knew I was going to cook so before I left this morning bought some pork and chicken and potatoes, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts carrots and turnips and spent a good two hours cooking!!  So now have about 7 frozen dinners prepared!!
oct18 003
It was time for route planning and a nap!!
oct18 005
Cleaned up the kitchen and went for a long walk down through the park and by the river!!
oct18 007
oct18 008
oct18 010
Did not feel like a big supper so I had yogurt and then rice pudding!!!
Had a long hot shower and now have decided on a route!!
I was thinking of heading to the coast but too far out of the way so going to take the skyway all the way down to the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee.
oct18 015
Map picture
Time for tea and a movie!!

Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...