Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday 20th October 2017...a magical mystery tour and a story!!!

One of my tennis buddies, Steve, told me of a hike he took with a group on Sunday and showed me photos and I knew I wanted to go......Steve gave me directions but warned me it was way out in the boonies......

So this morning I packed up and off I went .....it was about a 35 minutes drive and once off the main highway on to gravel roads.....a pretty view on the way




 Then into a remote village...
 After asking for directions a couple of times I found a place to park and headed into the hills.


WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT???

See his bell??
 I tracked my route on my phone and with some luck came to my destination a small Pressa...quite lovely!!!

 Steve had told me that behind this Pressa was a hike into the canyons and rock pools but there were two choices of ways to go and this is the first one I took...it was fun walking on the dam walls...
 With good views looking back..
 After hiking just over a mile I realized this was not right so I turned around and came back and went the other way...
 after going over this bridge I headed into the slot canyon and after a few minutes came to these pools...
 You cannot tell but there a is a small waterfall coming through these rocks..

 I really enjoy taking reflections...
 So picture this..

Here I am sat on the rock below with that view....the sound of the waterfall, a sandwich, a lovely hot day and I recite my story for the event tonight....
 After lunch went a little further into the canyon...

 On the way back to Little Bluey...

I hiked 6 miles and it was such a great tonic to be out in the country with my thoughts.....

Tonight I went to the big theater where this event was taking place...



The theater was almost full and I was the 9th story on the calendar the first after the break.....I really know the story and think I did another good job of performing obviously my accent adds to the story....I received a good round of applause and lots of congratulations afterwards..it was a challenge but fun to perform.....

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

A lovely walk, you should do tours! Congrats on your performance, you obviously nailed it!

mexicokid said...

these hikes are amazing and I would have loved to have been a tour guide in another life...thanks for the ind words...busy time for you with sales and moving good luck les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...