Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday 27th October 2017...bits and bobs!!!!!

This day in 1919 by Dad was born and he has been gone over 11 years now…he made a huge impact in my life and was a constant supporter of all my career moves and an influence in my sporting life…thanks Dad love you. Here he is with his great grand son Tom!!!(who is now 12 years old)!!!


Also yesterday was birthday day for my tennis partner of 7 years Carolyn, Happy Birthday!!!

Also Ashley was 18 years old yesterday too.......she is doing well in her second year at Pepperdine University, Happy Birthday girl!!!

These were taken 4 years ago at a tournament I attended in Palm Springs!!!



I love this phot she had just lost in the final and she is talking with her coach!!!



A good day doing chores this morning and then off to the gym and a hike through Los Frailes and home in time to watch my favorite boyhood soccer team, Sheffield Untied, The Blades, playing live and then won with a goal in the last 5 minutes....

The days are lovely and sunny and warm but the mornings fairly cool when I walked to tennis yesterday morning my hands were cold...I guess that is what you get when you live at 6500 feet...

Have a a great safe and happy weekend!!!

PS.... The meaning of bits and bobs...from the web...

I believe the original version of this idiom is "bits and bobs". It means the same as "odds and ends", which means "bits and pieces, remnants, leftovers". A "bit" was a coin (three-penny bit) and a "bob" was a shilling or twelve pence. Wiktionary has a page for bits and bobs as well

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...