Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wednesday 18th March 2015…..a really busy day!!!!

As I tell my students Wednesday is pay if forward Wednesday and today I decided to do just that…….because of all that rain over the weekend and then on Monday when I took my favorite hike to the waterfalls and it was beautiful I decided to share that experience with anyone who wanted to come with me on the same hike today… I advertised to the Sunday hiking group and also on the Civil List(a list for locals to see about events).

I asked anyone interested to meet me at the big Mega grocery store at 9am this morning and I had no idea how many if any would show up so imagine my surprise when I got there and the were was 15 people……many of them I did not know…so after introductions off we went…. none of them had done this hike before and I knew they were in for a good surprise…….

Here they are on the way up…

DSC01402

They were all amazed that there was a hike so close to the town and they love the view from the cross…

DSC01403

Then it was off to the suspension bridge and the waterfalls…see my post Monday for waterfall photos!!!!

DSC01405

Anyone that wanted I invited to go about 25 feet on the bridge for a great view…

DSC01407

We then sat around with the great views and had some snacks before returning back just over 3 hours later…everyone thanked me and agreed it was a spectacular morning and hike.

I went straight from there to poker and yes I won yet again this time 100 pesos…….

Came home and got cleaned up and went back into town for my English class…the students were again wonderful and they have such great imaginations and the whole class was spent just all of us talking…..so proud of all of them.

Home and now relaxing after a great day with tea and yes still no COOKIES and watching a hockey game!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...