Saturday, March 28, 2015

Saturday 28th march 2015…a day for playing working and watching!!!

Well the weather was a bit iffy this morning but we still managed to get 2 hours of great tennis in and I always enjoy the day when I can start out on the tennis courts….did some errands in town and did some laundry and then the heavens opened never quite seen hail like it looked like snow!!!!

DSC01544

DSC01546

DSC01548

DSC01549

That was one storm for the memory banks……

The rest of the afternoon I was home just doing odd jobs and getting myself ready for a little road trip next  week more on that in a few days!!!

Tonight two hockey games and one soccer game to watch!!!!!

 

Remember about 10 days ago I went to Irapuato   to watch a ladies tennis tournament…the first game I saw was between an American gal and a German girl and I liked the German girl I met her before the game with her husband and 2 year old baby girl…..unfortunately she lost that game and I captured this shot of her after the game changing diapers    and I made a comment about sometimes the life of an athlete is not all glamour.

DSC01441

So imagine my surprise when I read this article below…..it was a great win for Tatjana!!!

Bouchard upset in Miami by qualifier Maria

The Canadian Press

 

Eugenie Bouchard and Tatjana Maria

Eugenie Bouchard and Tatjana Maria

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. - Eugenie Bouchard was upset Saturday in her opening match at the Miami Open by qualifier Tatjana Maria 6-0, 7-6 (4).

Bouchard, who was seeded No. 6, won less than half her service points, had five double-faults and was broken five times.

The Canadian, a Wimbledon finalist last year, has a 6-4 record this year. Her career record at Key Biscayne fell to 1-3.

Maria, a German ranked 113th, beat a top 10 player for the first time since 2010.

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...