Saturday, March 21, 2015

Saturday 21st March 2015…Happy Solstice!!!!!

Well the first day of spring was a lovely one and I had breakfast whilst watching a live soccer game from England and then off to tennis at 9am but this time a little different Loren and I played singles we have not done that for months and it is a totally different game…but we had a great time sunshine, laughter, banter and the occasional passing shot…I will not tell you who won!!!!

Then it was off to the market before coming home and getting ready to go get the kids and take them to the water park…they had so much  fun and silly me forgot my camera…..they stayed in the different pools for nearly three hours and then for a special treat I took them out for dinner and they enjoyed that and they were so well behaved.

Back home in time to get cleaned up and pack a sandwich and off to the Botanical Gardens there was a music concert which was originally to have taken place in the canyon but because of all the rain last weekend the canyon floor is still under water so they held the concert on the open air plaza……

DSC01450

Before the concert they welcomed Spring

DSC01451

DSC01452

DSC01453

  A great turn out for the concert which was all percussion instruments!!!!

DSC01454

DSC01461

This was a very different concert and they were three very talented drummers!!!!

DSC01462

DSC01464

DSC01463

This is Karina one of my students who was on the opposite side and I think she was taking a shot of me taking a shot of her!!!

It was a lovely and unusual evening.

On the way home I stopped at one of the miradors for these shots!!!

DSC01465

DSC01468

 

DSC01466

Love the Jacaranda trees!!!

 

Now resting after a bath and some tea and watching a late night hockey game!!!!

 

OK I just cannot help myself I whupped Loren at tennis this morning!!!!!!

 

 

 

Doña Leandra 

 

Doña Leandra, 127, passed on yesterday

Born in 1887, she might have been the world's oldest woman

 

Mexico News Daily | Friday, March 20, 2015

Doña Leandra Becerra Lumbreras, quite possibly the world’s oldest woman at 127, died yesterday at her home in Zapopan, Jalisco.

Doña Leandra made international news last August when she celebrated her birthday. Though deaf, age had not affected her ability to converse and she still had some mobility. She told a reporter at the time that she was looking forward to blowing out the candles on a tasty cake.

Advertise Here

Her long life was attributed to a healthy appetite and lots of sleep. She enjoyed singing to her grandchildren and flirting with young men who came to visit. She never married — and attributed that, too, to her long life — but had five children, all of whom died before her. The last passed away two years ago at the age of 90.

She also enjoyed eating chocolate, which was allowed, and tortillas and beans, which were not.

Born in 1887 in Tamaulipas in the 50th year of the reign of Britain’s Queen Victoria, Doña Leandra was 23 when the Mexican Revolution began and is believed to have been one of the Adelitas, women who joined the revolutionary soldiers in the fight against Porfirio Díaz in 1910.

She supported her family with her work as a seamstress, and was sewing and weaving until just a few years ago, said a great-granddaughter last year.

Doña Leandra moved to Zapopan, 41 years ago to live with her daughter.

Her door was always open to visitors and she was known for her hospitality. That hospitality lived on last night and the door remained open when friends and family gathered to pay their respects.

She leaves 153 descendants.

 

My friend Carol sent me an e mail today of some wonderful sights in México in case I wanted some day to visit…there were a couple I will but the rest I am thrilled to say I have already seen like these below!!!

BKCG2c1

Di1SKCp

EIqdmvz

h87p6YG

JZXSbMV

o9poKfu

WD9PlQV

xJFxCXT

 

Yahsi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...