Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday 12th October 2013…things return to normal.

Had a good sleep and was up in time for a good breakfast and get to the tennis courts for 9am

DSCN6036

DSCN6035

The skies did clear and Loren and I had two hours of great tennis in the sunshine..I was happy to report that I felt OK and was really content with the level of fitness after being away for almost two weeks.

Came home and iced myself down and had lunch and then packed a nice lunch and went to pick up Paola I had promised her swimming at the water park and she was all set and waiting for me.

It really is very lovely out here and a great afternoon for a few pesos..it was 55 pesos for her and for me after I used my senior Mexican discount card…does she look like she is enjoying herself…

DSCN6038

DSCN6040

DSCN6042

DSCN6037

DSCN6046

DSCN6050

DSCN6051

We were there over three hours and she only came out of the water to get a drink or sandwich or treat!!!!!

She did ask why Daniela was not able to come and it is hard for me to explain but I said maybe next Saturday…dropped her home and she was radiant….

So now I have had supper, a lovely hot bath and I suppose you think I am going to lounge away on the couch and watch a hockey game…WRONG!!!!!…I am going to lounge on the couch and watch 2 hockey games!!!!

So glad to be back……I want to wish all my Canadian friends and Family a very happy thanksgiving weekend!!!

 

Scottish ingenuity!!!

One morning 3 Glesga lads and 3 Cockney blokes were in a ticket queue at Glasgow Central train station heading to Euston for a Scotland - England International at Wembley.
The 3 Cockneys each bought a ticket and watched as the 3 Glaswegians bought just one ticket between them.
"How are the 3 of you going to travel on 1 ticket?" asked one of the Cockneys. "Ye huv  tae watch and learn" answered one of the boys from the North.
When the 6 travellers boarded the train, the 3 Londoners sat down, but the 3 Northerners crammed into a toilet together and closed the door.
Shortly after the train set off the conductor came around to collect tickets. He knocked on the toilet door and said, "tickets please." The door opened just a crack and a single arm emerged with a ticket in hand. The Conductor took it and moved on into the next car.
The Southerners saw this happen and agreed it was quite a clever idea. Indeed, so clever that they decided to do the same thing on the return trip and save themselves some money.
That evening after the game, when they all got to Euston, the Cockney blokes bought a single ticket for the return trip, while to their astonishment, the 3 Glasga lads didn't even buy 1 ticket.
"How are you going to travel without a ticket?" asked one of the perplexed Cockneys. "Och, ye huv gotty watch and learn", answered one of the Glaswegians
When they boarded the train the 3 Cockneys crammed themselves into a toilet and the 3 Glesga lads crammed themselves into another toilet.
Shortly after the train began to move, one of the Glaswegians left their toilet and walked over to the Cockney's toilet. He knocked on the door and said "ticket please".
There's just no way on God's green earth to explain Scottish ingenuity!

 

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...