Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday 25th July 2012….first time in 40 years!!!!!

After a great sleep and a good breakfast Serena and I were ready for day two of exploring this time I was going to do the top end of the Island…..so grab a crash helmet and join me!!!

DSCF3068

It did not take me long to find my first church!!

DSCF3069

This time I was travelling along the coastal road, narrow and spectacular views!!!

DSCF3070

DSCF3078

Anybody want to challenge me to a game??

DSCF3074

DSCF3084

In retrospect I am glad I did not pay the 14 Euros in  Athens to see the Acropolis because they are all over this Island free and with an ocean view!!!!!

DSCF3073

DSCF3080

DSCF3086

It was time to stop for lunch and some swimming..I think this will do!!!

DSCF3090

DSCF3091

After lunch and a swim I felt the urgent need to have a nap……and imagine my surprise when I woke up and saw this in front of me!!!!!

DSCF3095

So what does the heading of this post mean??

Well thanks for asking let me tell you!!!!

When I was ready to leave I wanted to go for a final swim but I did not want to have wet shorts for the rest of the drive…I did have spare shorts but that is another story..so I decided it was time for a skinny dip!!!!

I looked around for an audience but they must have headed for the hills so this Pearson boy strolls down to the ocean and into the warm inviting waters as proud as could be!!!!!!!

So there you have it first time since I was in Bermuda and the rest of the afternoon dry shorts!!!!

I then drove to the town at the tip of the Island called Oia and what a wonderful surprise.

It is like a story book with vivid colors!!!

DSCF3162

I just strolled through the little alleys lined with artsy and whimsical stores all very pretty and clean and also full of cruise ship passengers!!!

DSCF3096

DSCF3098

DSCF3101

DSCF3105

DSCF3107

DSCF3108

As I was walking came across this store

DSCF3145

Funnily enough I was reading about this store a couple of days ago!!!

So what is it

wait for it

yes it is so!!!!!!

DSCF3139

Yes those tooth less fishes are chewing on my toes and legs…too funny!!!!!

DSCF3143

It felt good and for 20 minutes for 10 Euros another first!!!

Back to the views!!!

DSCF3115

DSCF3121

Not a bad drink rest stop!!!

DSCF3125

DSCF3127

DSCF3122

DSCF3146

The final shot…

DSCF3151

It was a very wonderful afternoon I really enjoyed strolling and marveling at the sights…..was home by 6pm and time for a cuppa and a rest and at 8pm back on the bike for another sunset evening!!!

DSCF3166

DSCF3167

 

DSCF3176

DSCF3191

DSCF3201

DSCF3204

What a great time I have had here put close to 150km on the scooter well worth it…..

Tomorrow is my last full day and I have booked a cruise out to the volcano and a swim in the thermal waters….I leave late tomorrow night by ferry but more about that tomorrow.

Yashi koshi….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...