Thursday, July 05, 2012

Thursday 5th July 2012………I know I go on a bit but I am enjoying my cuppa char!!!!!!

This morning I was up at 7.30am and had my cereal and yogurt on the deck looking at rolling hills with haystacks, soccer posts and the church steeple in the distance…what a perfect start to the day…it goes without saying it was sunny and warm.

Spoke to J & M last night and they had a good journey home and had seen all the family already…they didn’t mention that they missed me(of course they did) but Janet was anxious to tell me they played two games of scrabble after I left and she won them both…way to go!!!

Marijana’s husband, I still cannot get my tongue around his name, drove me the 2km to the bust stop at 8.30am this morning ready for my big waterfall day. The bus came at 9am and 15 minutes later I was at the entrance to the national park!!!

DSCF1544

DSCF1571

DSCF1572

I had done a lot of research on this area and it is divided into two sections Upper lakes and Lower lakes and I decided today to do the Upper section…I bought an admission ticket good for 2 days for 180 Kuna remembering that it is about 6 Kuna to 1 dollar.  There are a couple of shuttle buses and boats which will take you to various sections but I decided to do it the old fashioned way…on foot.  I had lots of food and drinks and for the first while I was on my own complete solitude in this most beautiful and serene area…sit back and enjoy your free tour of Plitcive Lakes.  Of course a small gratuity would be welcome!!!!

DSCF1548

I am so happy with my camera especially when I see shots like this.

Well after all the reading I was hugely disappointed with my first sighting of a waterfall surely it has to better than this!!!!

DSCF1549

It is hard to describe the colors of the lakes they change with the sunlight and shadows but a greeny/bluey/azure..may work!!!

DSCF1552

After about 30 minute of up hill walking I came around the corner and viewed the first fall!!!

DSCF1555

Please just enjoy these photos no comments are needed!!!!

DSCF1556

DSCF1558

DSCF1561

DSCF1563

Yes I did intend to get the duck in the photo!!!

DSCF1567

DSCF1569

DSCF1574

DSCF1576

The board walks were at times lined with tourist but I did get off the beaten path when I could!!

DSCF1585

DSCF1586

DSCF1582

DSCF1589

DSCF1593

So where did you have lunch today?? Was it a place so lovely, quiet and simply as outstanding as this??

DSCF1596

DSCF1603

DSCF1594

DSCF1610

Swimming is forbidden in the lakes but Marijana told me of an out of the way section of the trail where there is a small village and the villages do bathe in the lakes and the Wardens overlook this and if I wanted I could swim there…I did find the place she mentioned but there was no one there so as much as I wanted to jump into the clear and cool waters I did not!!!

DSCF1617

DSCF1615

One of the boats ferrying passengers along the trails.

DSCF1618

I love this photo above the logs that die in the water take on an unearthly color and shape!!!!

DSCF1619This looked like a great spot to rest after walking quite a few miles..so out came the drinks and the food…off with the shoes and socks and I will admit to a tiny paddle in the water…then it was nap time…..a more special place I don’t think I could find!!

Continuing on I came across

DSCF1622

The colors are unreal!!!

DSCF1623

DSCF1625

DSCF1630

DSCF1631

DSCF1633See the tourists on the boardwalk??

DSCF1641

DSCF1638

DSCF1642

DSCF1644

DSCF1645

So that is the end of today’s tour!!!!

I caught a bus back and arrived home at 6pm and it was so refreshing to get a cup of tea sit out on the deck in the peace and quiet and just think about how lucky I am to be able to see yet again the beauty of this planet we live on!!!

It was 8pm before I decided to cook the exact same supper as last night it was so good….then it was a shave and a long hot shower with a cold jet to cool me down…do the blog and it is already 11pm…..

I have waited a while to come here and now excited about seeing the second half of the park……hope you enjoyed the journey.

Thanks for all the e mails I get I do enjoy hearing from my friends even if they rag me about the sun and my cups of tea…

Yashi Koshi!!!

Oh and by the way when I did get home true to her word Marijana had put in my room a new bed and mattress!!!!

 

 

DSCF1655

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Spectacular, beautiful! Thanks so much for the lovely tour.
Elaine in Saltair BC

mexicokid said...

you are welcome it is one of the most lovely places i have seen...cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...