Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Tuesday 3rd July 2012……..a driving day!!!

I was woken this morning at 6am by the loudest and closest thunderstorm I have ever heard and within seconds there was a huge downpour of rain, the sidewalks were flowing and 10 minutes later it was all over the sun came out and by 8am you would never have known it had rained.

I forget to mention yesterday that the language is so totally different from other European languages and it is really hard to understand signs but a lot of locals speak English and I have learned the following lovely little phrase which means hello have a good day…”DOBER DAN”   so I am saying that constantly and people reply in kind.  The other word I have learned which is so useful is thank you..”HVALA” and I use this a great deal too.

So I was all packed up and Carla and I left just before 8am….

DSCF1442

I took the above map and article out of a travel magazine and it suggested it as an interesting day out through some remote and quaint villages…it took me about an hour to drive to Buzet and then I followed the route clockwise.  It was good to be behind the wheel again after a month of no driving and as in Canada they drive on the right side so there were no issues except I knew I was driving a hired car so I was extremely careful and slow.

Buzet old town is on a hill and very impressive and small….

DSCF1426

DSCF1427

DSCF1428

DSCF1429

DSCF1435

The next town

DSCF1444

DSCF1447

again a small town and a feature I was seeing emerging was that there were no people around..I did not see a soul in any of the villages!!!

DSCF1448

DSCF1452

DSCF1451

The next part of the drive on roads like this

DSCF1460

DSCF1483

and like this

DSCF1485

DSCF1455

What this sign means is that on the short stretch of road to Hum the sculptures represent the Slavic Glagolitic alphabet…all very interesting!!!

DSCF1457

DSCF1462

DSCF1463

So where did you have lunch today??

Me??   In the smallest town in the world!!!!

DSCF1464

DSCF1467

I walked all round about 5 minutes and saw no one….lots of these villages have remarkable artifacts and paintings inside but sorry to say all the buildings were locked so I did not see any!!

DSCF1469

DSCF1470

DSCF1472

DSCF1476

The last little town

DSCF1479

DSCF1487

It is a pity the river bed was dry

DSCF1491

DSCF1494

My mistake this is the last little town!!

DSCF1495

DSCF1496

DSCF1498

DSCF1499

DSCF1503

DSCF1504

On the way home I stopped in at another town where it was market day

DSCF1506

Thank goodness I had lunch already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCF1507

A lovely view on the way home…

DSCF1509

I got back about 5pm and whist I still had Carla went exploring and came across this great little beach this me in the water what a view!!!

DSCF1511

DSCF1514

I took the car back by 8pm and now showered and getting packed and ready to leave on the bus in the morning heading for Plitvice lakes a national park which has by some accounts one of the best waterfalls in the top ten in the world.

Not sure about Internet but will post and e mail when I can…..blessings to all and especially to my friend Guy and his wife Linda and their family wishing you the very best there is is!!!!!

 

 

Yashi Kochi

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

Your in my grandparents neck of the woods. We recently did the genealogy and our roots go back so far to 1760s.

Have fun, the pictures are fantastic. Such a small planet really gives off quite a bang!

mexicokid said...

you must put this country on your list especially if you have roots here...be safe cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...