Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday 13th July 2012…..I am not superstitious!!

Had a great sleep with the air conditioner off and the windows open…was on the road by 9am and caught the local bus into town and today was the hike up here!!!

DSCF2199

This ruin is about half way up

DSCF2198

but first needed to take a couple of bananas with me..

DSCF2234

Paid the 3 Euros to do the climb and the person that said in my guide book that there are 1250 steps…told no lie!!!!!

It was a tough hike on paths that zigged and zagged but the view..worth every Euro!!!!!

DSCF2238

DSCF2235

DSCF2244

DSCF2239

A lot easier coming down…..I stopped in the old city and booked a full day tour for tomorrow…could be hang gliding, para sailing…you will have to wait till tomorrow night to find out!!

Took the local bus back home and stopped for 20 minutes to pack up lunch and get on the bus going the other way about 8 miles to

DSCF2326

This is one of the most prettiest towns I have seen in a while, very quiet and two small Islands in the bay!!!

DSCF2250

DSCF2253

DSCF2259

As if I had not climbed enough stairs today…I climbed to the top of the bell tower!!!

DSCF2308

DSCF2309

DSCF2318

I then took the small ferry over to the Island which is really a man made Island!!

DSCF2260

DSCF2262

DSCF2267

DSCF2271

DSCF2294

The inside of this church was just simply beautiful…a bit mini scale Cistern Chapel material!!!

DSCF2283

DSCF2279

 

DSCF2280

It was now time for R & R and here is the perfect place!!!

DSCF2329

Was home by 5pm….but no the day does not end here..had supped got dressed up (sort of) and back on the bus to the old city for some much needed culture (who said that?).  

DSCF2228 

 

The location was fantastic inside the old walls and the concert very enjoyable…..

DSCF2334

DSCF2338

A wonderful evening these guests were just out of this world and a packed outdoor house, a memory!!

 

 

Map picture

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I spent an hour on the Internet and I am struggling to find a way from here through Albania and into Greece…lots of things to consider…I have two bags..the border crossings are scarce….I do not have any Albanian money and they do not take Euros and do not know if there any bank machines at bus stations..I tried to hire a car but they wanted 500 dollars..then I found a bus tour company that do a day tour to Albania and when I asked just to go one way they said no way I have to come back….so I think on Monday morning I am heading to the bus station and go south I have found a border crossing from Montenegro into Albania and head for there…still a couple of days to figure out a better plan…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...