Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday 21st July 2010…I can be a bit stupid sometimes….

Had a great sleep and woke up at 6.30am and wanted to go and investigate a fish ladder that Esther and Steve had told me about.  I received directions for it yesterday from a warden and set off in search…the directions were great and by 7am here I was…

July21 001

July21 002

I have a new respect for every salmon… the ordeals and trials they have to go through..I thought there is no way that any fish can jump this raging torrent but lo and behold here they were jumping.  It was very hard to photograph them because they were so fast as these photos can relate…

July21 006

July21 008

After about 10 minutes and 30 shots, thank goodness for digital!!!, I managed this shot!!

July21 007

After watching closely it became apparent that the fish that were trying to jump were failing but those like this shot below shows they could take a run and glide up underwater and successfully scale the peak.

July21 013

It was a very interesting side trip and well worth seeing.

My intention now was to get to Smithers as I had an appointment with a mobile RV repairmen to fix the showerhead in Ramona so off I went.

Map picture

On the way I went through Hazelton and found this beautiful bridge.

July21 025

July21 024

Views from the bridge

July21 022

July21 020

July21 026

Sighted another bear!!!

July21 017

Then came upon the Native village of Mauricetown and this amazing river.

 

July21 027

July21 034

July21 036

July21 033

July21 043 See Ramona by the exclamation marks on top right??

This is where I had a brain storm….it is 1.30pm and I am entering Smithers and I see this sign

July21 046

and the penny drops…Sara is flying into Smithers this afternoon from Iskut !!!!!

So I go into the airport and find out she lands at 3pm….so I call the mobile repairman who comes out and looks at the broken part but he does not have that part so he has told me to drive to Prince George where I can get it fixed.  I call the repair shop in Prince George and make an appointment for tomorrow morning….

So I came into town in Smithers at the library posting this and going back out to the airport at 3pm…should be good to see the surprise on Sara's face……..

3 comments:

Frank and Lucy Spence said...

Very impressive pictures... I will be following your blog. Thanks for sharing. Especially enjoy the wildlife pictures.

Frank
http://flspence.blogspot.com/

mexicokid said...

Thanks for joining the blog following...I also enjoyed looking at yout blog, travel safe Les

Unknown said...

Wow! That is one of a kind experience. I agree, the photos are impressive. You did caught a really good shot.
-Boracay hotel rooms

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...