Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday 20th July 2010……leaving in a couple of hours!!!!

Yesterday was another lovely sunny and hot day and most of the morning was spent doing chores and after Sara came home for lunch and she went back to work I went to visit our new friends Esther and Steve.  They are staying in an RV park a couple of minutes drive away.

When I arrived I found that Steve had a little mis-hap and dropped a heavy bar on his big toe and it was decided that he should go to the clinic and get that cute nurse to have a look.  So I drove Steve in and Sara checked him out and fixed him up but I am sure it was still hurting and quite sore.

Esther and Steve were telling us about their inflatable kayak they have and offered for us to come over and try it out.  So after Sara had finished work we drove over and they showed and helped us set up the kayak and we went for a great paddle on the near by lake.

last 002

Sara “asked” me to sit in front and she would be Captain from the rear this was a ploy that I soon cottoned onto when I was paddling furiously I stopped to turn around and looked at her……her feet dangling over the side, leaning back,  paddle in the air sipping on her drink!!!!!

I took this shot blind over my shoulder!!!!

last 004

last 005

We both felt it was wonderful to be out on the water.

I am getting a bit of a reputation as an “eagle Eye” and again I spotted this young eagle……there is a weeks free subscription to my blog for the first person who can spot the eagle!!!!!!!

last 011

OK here is some help….

last 012

last 013

last 021

It was fun to watch him he just sat there whilst we paddled, read I paddled, closer and closer and then he took off…

last 022

Back to shore Esther came down and showed us how to pack the boat away.  Sara and I were impressed with everything about the kayak, the handling and stability and the ease to get it pumped up and taken down and it stores into just a large hold all.  I am sure we will be adding a new dimension to our travelling life with one of these later this summer.

Esther and Steve 2 years ago sold their house and possessions and bought a very beautiful large fifth wheel and now travel and live full time in their rig.  They invited us for dinner and it was a great evening exchanging stories and I know our paths will cross again.

Here Esther making steaks from the salmon we bought on Sunday.

last 023 

The meal was delicious thanks Esther and Steve for all you kindness to us!!!!!!

Well it is now Tuesday morning and I am busy getting Ramona ready as I am leaving this afternoon and heading back to Vancouver.

Sara flies back home tomorrow morning to Duncan and then Saturday she is taking the ferry to Vancouver where I hope to be there to pick her up and we are going to her Sister’s for the weekend.  Sara has a twin brother and he and his family are visiting from their home in Malaysia.

I shall post when I can but I am sure be out of Internet range for a couple of days.

Thanks to you all for reading and hopefully enjoying these last few days in this incredible and exhilarating part of BC.

 

Pura Vida!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...