Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday 29th September 2009..another road trip but with a difference…

kyuquot_region_map

I have a great friend, Sara, who is a nurse at the remote Native community in Kyuquot and she has invited me to the island for a visit.  This is an incredible opportunity to see a very remote and beautiful part of the Island.

I leave tomorrow morning and will drive Ramona up past Campbell River and to a town called Gold River where I will stay over night and on Thursday morning at 7am board the 135 foot MVV Uchuck for the 9 hour journey to Kyuquot.

This is a working ship that stops at other remote places to drop and pick up cargo, should be a very interesting sail.

I shall probably not be able to do the blog for over a week so look out when I get connected……..

Wish all my readers a happy and safe week, blessings Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...