Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday 24th July 2009…a typical Nanaimo day!!

Some very wealthy people from back east  bought the house next door last fall and immediately demolished the house and the last few weeks they have started to build a new home.  As the house is perched high on the ocean bank the local bylaws have forced them into re-enforcing the bank.

So band 002 for the past few days this is the scene at the bottom of our garden.

The huge rocks on the barge have been used as fill.  Interesting is the Canadian navy vessel in the background.

Of course about 6 doors away the local deer are having lunch, first time I have seen the babies I would guess about three weeks old.band 021 band 025

band 023

Rode Bonita into town this afternoon to hear the 

band 017

in concert at the pavilion by the sea wall.

This weekend is the famous bath tub races.  A wild weekend when actual modified bath tubs race part way down the island.  The band was part of the festival.band 007

I really enjoyed the concert…band 009

band 012

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the concert I had a walk on the sea wall, Mexico is never far away from my thoughts.band 019

A colourful local busker.

band 020

It was enjoyable afternoon.  I rode Bonita down town I have already put over 125 km on her and she is fun to ride BUT I had to go to the gas station this afternoon.  The cost to fill up the gas tank…..$4.45 cents!!!!  About 115km to the gallon, not bad eh????

Have a great weekend the forecast here is for extremely hot weather, love it!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...