Thursday, April 09, 2009

Tuesday 7th April..Day 152..bruised and bloodied!!

Before I tell you about waking up to a great sunny morning have to ask a favour.

Before I left last November during the course of the summer I recorded about 75 DVD’s of my favourite shows, sports and movies and last night I watched a movie called The Rookie, with Dennis Quaid, he was a high school teacher and pitched his way into the major league.  I was really enjoying this movie and watched it all the way to where he was called up to the big leagues, his family was there and he just got the call to go to the mound and as he is walking out to centre field, the movie stopped.  I guess I did not put enough record time on so if any one knows the end of the movie please e mail me or leave a comment here, thanks!!!!!

Well this is day 152 of my journey that is also the Badge number I was given on my arrival as a Police Officer in Bermuda in 1970….oh that makes me an old man!!!!!

I arrived at

IMG_5766

fairly early as I remember from last year I could not get a camp site.  This time the Pearson luck came to the front again.  The campground sign said full but as I drove in a camper was leaving and I took the spot, not only lucky but I think the best spot in the park.  14 dollars with bathrooms and hot showers, bench and BBQ AND THESE VIEWS!!!!IMG_5767

IMG_5768

IMG_5770
After breakfast I packed up and took the Great One, my bike, and off I went.IMG_5780 Does anyone else see lots of faces here?

The formations in this spectacular valley were formed over 150 million years ago!!

Just enjoy the scenery…IMG_5784

IMG_5787

I was able to find my own small arches all over…IMG_5788

IMG_5789

IMG_5791

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unfortunately the next photo of the Great one, is not so great!!!!

IMG_5795

Would you believe I was not able to make this jump!!IMG_5828

The Great one flew through the air and so did I after the front wheel touched down and there I was over the handle bars!!!!  Not a pretty sight …I was lucky I managed to break the fall with my arms and hands, just a few cuts and scrapes and of course a bruised ego and yes Heather I was wearing my helmet ( I am beginning to feel my nose growing).

Back to camp to get some treatment and away I went again.IMG_5793

IMG_5798

IMG_5799

IMG_5807

IMG_5805

IMG_5806

It seemed every turn was a photo opportunity.IMG_5814

IMG_5826

IMG_5832

IMG_5838

Love the cloud formation of this one above.IMG_5822

Apart from the tiny mishap had a great day.  Bill this is your fault you have me hooked on stone building at camp.IMG_5841

Almost full moon.IMG_5844

IMG_5847

So another day gone…..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...