Thursday, April 09, 2009

Thursday 9th April….Zion bound

Had a very quiet and good sleep and left on the next stage of my journey heading towards Zion National Park.  The weather again was sunny and warm.

Drove about 150 miles todayIMG_5956

and went from Nevada into Arizona for about 20 miles then in to Utah.IMG_5960

Can you believe this monster passed me?IMG_5958

Just after lunch I decided to stop and enjoy the sunny afternoon so I pulled into a very fancy Rv park in St.George.  I read by the pool for a couple of hours then got cleaned up and walked abut 2 miles into the city centre which was very clean and beautiful.  I am in the heart of Mormon country and the locals are very friendly.IMG_5961

In these last 5 months I have seen some very lovely and different churches, this is the Temple in St.George's.IMG_5963

IMG_5966

IMG_5968

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the way back found this high school soccer game in progress.

This was probably my last day of sunshine as tomorrow I head back into the mountains and visit Zion National Park for a couple of days…….good night.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...