Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday 12th April….this post is really the late afternoon of Saturday after the big hike.

This post is after I did the big hike yesterday and it was time to leave Zion Park this time by the east entrance where there is a tunnel.IMG_6133

Some of the views on the way to the tunnel.IMG_6136

IMG_6138

IMG_6139

IMG_6141

One of the tunnel’s outlets.IMG_6142

Because of the size of Ramona I had to purchase a 15 dollar pass to get through the tunnel.

We were stopped by the RangerIMG_6146

IMG_6148 and asked to wait whilst traffic coming the other way is stopped and then to drive through the tunnel without stopping and hugging the centre line.IMG_6149

One of the vents.IMG_6151

This is another smaller tunnel after the long one.IMG_6153

These photos are taken just before the exit to the park.IMG_6156

IMG_6155

IMG_6154

A very beautiful two days in Zion.

Some on the sights on the road heading towards Highway 12.

IMG_6158

IMG_6161

After a few nights of expensive RV Parks decided tonight would be a free night.  Found this nice spot behind the closed Visitor Centre in a little town called Hatch.

Had a great meal and now going to watch a movie and of course have tea and cookies.

Without bragging too much, but of course it is MY blog so I can say whatever I wish, I was pleased that I was physically capable of completing the hikes that I have done.  Over the last two days I have hiked close to 16 miles and half of that up into high elevation.  My blister is fine and after I treated and tended to it was able to wear my regular runners today.  I really don’t feel too tired but will sleep well.

Now heading for Highway 12 one of the most scenic highways in America and I will post when I can.

A very Happy Easter Sunday to all…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...