Monday, February 25, 2008

unday night and I am parked at a road side restaurant at a tiny little place called Becan, there are ruins here that I want to visit tomorrow. I had hoped to park at the parking lot of the ruins but I was not allowed, so came back about half a mile and found this place asked if I could spend the night and of course no problem and had a delightful time with the owner’s 2 young sons. Will tour the ruins tomorrow and then head west to the Caribbean coast and a city called Chetumal.

It is now 9pm Monday evening and I am in the best campground I have been in anywhere. The photos don’t lie, Ramona is 6 feet from the green ocean, and there are palm trees, pool, hot showers, and toilets with seats!!!!!!! I don’t think I have seen a toilet seat in weeks!!!!!!! Two of the photos are taken from inside Ramona. Just a fabulous place and I shall stay here a few days and relax. There is also in town a museum that I want to see. And yes for my wonderful sister in law, Janet, I am actually going to a museum!!!!!!!!

The ruins this morning at Becan were very good and I think they were just as impressive as Palenque except with out the hordes of tourists and all the vendors everywhere. These ruins were 500 yards off the highway and I had the whole place to myself, really enjoyed the peace and quiet of course by now I am used to the monkeys!!

So another great two days and I think in all my travels this is the first time I have swam in the Caribbean Ocean, very lovely and green.

Have a great evening, blessings

I seem to be having trouble getting photos onto the blog today so will try again in the morning but believe me I am staying in a small part of paradise!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...