Wednesday, February 20, 2008

This is the campground where Ramona is resting for a couple of days I think she is suffering from culture shock, she has never seen so many VW camper vans and dread locks!!

The site is very clean and good facilities and about 2 miles from the entrance to the ruins. The site is also well serviced by local vendors in trucks. This afternoon first came the beer truck, then the water truck, then the watermelon truck, then the bakery truck, yes I bought, then the hammock guy on his bike!! Too funny.

I am really getting a feel for the Maya culture and history and it’s lovely people so I decided even though I am old and grey and too tall to be Mayan and of course don’t speak the language I could at least buy and wear their clothes, how do I look?

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...