Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ramona and I encountered our first major problem today it is a little technical but I will try and explain in layman’s terms so every one might understand.
Every morning around 8.30am I am awakened by the brilliant sun’s rays shining through the skylight onto my face, imagine being thrust out of a deep sleep by a warm sunray, I ask you is this right? I think the only solution may be to pull the covers further up!!
Well if I thought yesterday was a lazy day I didn’t count on today. Apart from my long run didn’t do too much except went to the local supermarket for some supplies and hit the beach.
The supermarket is an interesting institution. It is a large Ley Market; a super chain across Mexico, by far the biggest grocery store in town and it is always packed. The management’s idea of ideal shopping is at the height of the daily business he gets his workers to block half of every aisle with boxes and boxes of groceries, so large that it is a struggle to get the cart by. Then when you have shopped and fought the crowds you get to the 15 checkouts, of course only 3 have cashiers behind them. The line ups are insane but this is the way of life and everyone, me included, just wait in line for your turn to come, which it does and then the ordeal is over. I just chuckle knowing that some people would find this so annoying.
Tomorrow will spend some time getting Ramona ready for her journey starting Saturday morning. I am going to be driving 500 miles south down the west coast then inland about 40 miles to the small Colonial town of Alamos. I have never been here before but my research and other people’s comments convince me it is a lovely place to spend the Christmas break (3 days), so I look forward to this journey which will take me two days. Have a great evening.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...