Sunday, December 09, 2007

 

 

 

 



What another lovely warm sunny day again and my last day in this special part of the world. This morning Stella and I went to one of her friend's birthday brunch and then Stella went to another shower so I took the time to return to the court house, the number two photographed building after the White house, and this time spent more time there and also went upto the tower and got the panaramic views of the city. Whilst downtown I also decided to go back to the Old Mission and take a tour inside. This was quite a special visit because it is a self guided tour and here you are allowed to go into the church and the tour actually self guides you into the church by a middle door. I wish the girl who sold me the ticket had told me that there was a church service in progress because I entered the church at the middle where the tour directs you and I was smack in the middle of this huge church with every single pew filled. The only issue I had is that I was dressed smartly but in shorts and birkenstocks and really felt quite humbled to be in such a magnificeint place dressed that way. I made my way to the back of the church and sat quietly and listened and watched the mass performed by monks who live in the Mission. It was a beautiful sight and for sure not to be missed but I did feel somewhat uncomfortable.
I have really enjoyed my stay here and have been made to feel so welcome. I leave tomorrow for Phoenix but hope to be staying in Quartsize, Arizona over night. This is a place that I have heard about it is a huge RV destination, 1000's of motorhomes and flea markets and a good place to buy some supplies for Ramona which I will not be able to get in Mexico.
So travelling for the next couple of days, best wishes and blessings to all..
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...