Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Wednesday 2nd October 2019.....a special day!!

I had a really great day today starting off by going to the supermarket and then coming home and having breakfast.


Aaron was able to change my gym session to 11.30 am so I went there where he put me through my paces, such a great trainer.

Came home in time to change and off to poker... I enjoy these fun afternoons especially when I win which I do most times but today was a banner win..270 pesos!!!


Then I had time to come home and shower and change and get myself to the bakery where I had ordered a birthday cake, see below!!!


I want my students to experience talking in front of strangers and hearing different accents so I had invited seven of my good friends to come to class.


After introductions were made my students took turns coming to the front and telling of their act of kindness for this week...they really have taken to heart this and every week every one of them does some act of kindness..I love it!!


I then paired them off one on one with my friends and told them to find out all about their new friend....then I reversed the roles!!







About 20 minutes we all went back into the classroom and my students and friends took turns talking about their new friend..it was really good...I am so proud of them!!!


The I surprised Carlos with his birthday cake...





remember he is the one who brought his guitar to call on Monday!!





Everyone had cake ..we sang happy birthday to him in English and Spanish and it was just a very special evening!!!





Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...