Sunday, October 06, 2019

Sunday 6th October 2019......something different!!

This morning at the St.Pauls Anglican Church they had a service for blessing of the animals and Gracie and I took her dogs......


We did not know how they would be around other dogs but they were very good and received a blessing!!













I have put this article out to many people in SMA and thought I would share it here!!


As the Christmas season is fast approaching, I have again taken on the joyful task of organizing the Three Kings toy drive, as I have done for the last three years.


As you may know, Three Kings day in January is more important to the Mexican people than Christmas. This is the day that Mexican families exchange small gifts. Sadly, due to the extreme poverty of many, children in the outlying areas receive little or nothing.


As a result of this community’s generosity, last year we were able to give a small gift to more than 700 boys and girls in the campos near San Miguel de Allende! This year year I am setting the bar high and want to get gifts to 800 children. This will require a great deal of generosity (some financial, some volunteer) by many people. 


Where your money goes:

We have found over the years that boys from kindergarten to middle school all want a soccer ball. I am happy to say that I found a supplier two years ago in a nearby village where the balls are handmade by the residents of the village. He is willing to sell the balls to me at a really great price. As a byproduct, it also greatly helps the people of the village. I plan to order 425 soccer balls and they must be paid for by November 1st.


For the older girls, we have a supplier who sells us lovely purses, inside of which we put an assortment of things: notebooks, pencils, hair products, nail products, and gloves. The price is very reasonable, and the girls have been very happy with them. The kindergarten girls will receive a bag of colorful toys and some useful items; gloves and socks for the winter.


The toys are not wrapped, which saves on the work load, but more importantly creates no garbage. The school personnel seem particularly happy with this!





Donations:

And so, I am once again asking for cash donations. This is the best way to maximize our efforts to reach the goal of 800 children and ensure the gifts are of equal value. This is not a charitable organization so no tax receipts will be issued, but I will keep a copy of everyone who donates (and the amounts) and send each a thank you and photos of the gift giving! Plus, you are welcome to join us the day of delivery and see the excited faces of the children as they receive their gifts by a ‘King’.


If you do not live in San Miguel please email me and I will give instructions how to get your donation to me. 

mexicokid77@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Les Pearson


And at the end of the day this wonderful shot taken from my kitchen door!!!!





Yashi Kochi!

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

What a beautiful celebration of life.

mexicokid said...

For sure..cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...