Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Tuesday 14th August 2018...last day of the road trip!!!

My last day of the road trip so what should I do this morning?????


Oh I know I should go whale watching 🐳!!


Drove to the local marina where I had a three hour tour booked....put on the gorgeous floatation device and into the 12 Seater zodiac...the is the second boat they have...






You can see that the smoke from all the forest fires πŸ”₯ is everywhere!!!!


Some shots along the way...





I did not realize how huge these things are!!!











It took a while to locate a small pod of killer whales and I know the photos are not great but the best I could do...




















I am always in awe when seeing mammals and animals in their natural habitats and today was no exception....



Those sea lions are huge!!!
















It was a great trip BUT please do me a favour and read about the ultimate whale watching trip...


Go to the blog March 19th 2013!!!!!!


I went back to my casita had lunch and said farewell to my lovely hostess and drove to Duncan where I had arranged to meet Shelagh and Peter and have dinner.


This wonderful couple have visited San Miguel and have followed my blog for years although we have never met.  They moved to the island 8 months ago and today we met....






We had a lovely meal, thank you and lots of stories and we know quite a few common people, not common in that way CROFT!!!!!!


It was lovely to meet take care..


These taken on the way home..











Arrived home safely and now have my last few days in Nanaimo!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

A wonderful couple of hours well spent! Safe travels!

mexicokid said...

It was thanks les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...