Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday 17th August 2018......the monster hike!!!!

Today’s blog is so long I have decided to do it in two parts ..so after you read this post scroll down for part two!!!


I was on the road by 7.30am and drove up to the ski hill at Mount Washington.


...about a 90 minute drive and I was on the trail head by 9 am..






.this was going to be a biggie and I was prepared for it........the trails are in Strathcona Provincial Park and for the first few km the trails were mainly board walks..











The trails were extremely well marked and maintained and I should add no cost to enter the park and no cost to park!!!!


I soon came upon the first of many lakes and I think the colours are amazing,,,,















More lakes and after three hours I came to the turn off for the canyon!! 







Why do they call it beautiful lake???


You be the judge! !





















I then came out to the destination of my hike the Cruikshank Look Out!!!


Ok so now scroll down to part two and see my new friend!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...