Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wednesday 19th November 2014…..a really busy day!!!

I have not been to yoga in a week a bit busy and then the instructor went away but I think I am going to change schools and go to a new class starting on Monday…..this morning I went to a private residence where a lady was giving a talk on private medical insurance for expatriates living in Mexico…this medical coverage gets a bit complicated for me because I have been out of my home province in Canada too long I am no longer covered unless I go back and reside there for 5 months out of the year….I do have a local Mexican coverage policy but will not cover major procedures.  I also have air evacuation coverage but that is no good as I get air vacced to Canada and I am not covered…..so really my choices are to go back to BC and reside there for 5 months or buy private insurance which is what the meeting was about……the policy coverage is quite good and the cost reasonable for a years coverage and it is world wide so I really have to sit down and study it and what it does and does not cover and then work on my options for staying here full time…so lots to think about even though I know I am in great shape and able to do all I want to do I also know that for over 25 years I have had an irregular heart beat which could cause me issues anytime…so as I say lots to think and to talk over with my friends about.

I went straight from there to poker…….sorry I have no idea why the font suddenly changed……it was another winning afternoon for me but this time serious money I won 290 pesos!!!!!

Back home in time to change and go down town again for my English class but before I did I had to stop at the bakery to buy the two Birthday cakes I had ordered yesterday as two of my students have had Birthdays in the last few days

DSC08572

Marisol……

DSC08575

Blanca….

 

 

……I have not seen my students for a week because there was no class on Monday so I look forward to seeing them.    I have a surprise for them next Monday instead of coming to class we are going to meet down town and then I have arranged for them to go to a private residence where the owners have a mask Museum with over 500 masks that have all been used in ceremonies in Mexico…I think they will enjoy it and sure none of them have been before and the tour will be in English…stay tuned!!!

I do not like it is dark when I drive home but nothing can be done about that…..now relaxed after supper and a bath and watching a live hockey game!!!

 

This article shows why the common woman and man cannot relate to these athletes!!!!

Sport's highest earners compared

By Alan Jewell BBC Sport

Giancarlo Stanton might be an unfamiliar name to most people outside North America, but the baseball player has been elevated to one of the highest earners in sport after signing a £208m ($325m) 13-year contract with the Miami Marlins.

Under the terms of the most expensive deal in United States sporting history, the 25-year-old slugger will earn £16m per year, £307,692 per week, £1,831.50 per hour and £30.53 per minute.

It is a particularly stunning headline figure given that the Marlins' payroll for their entire 25-man roster in 2014 was only £33.4m with Stanton's previous contract with them worth just over £4m annually.

The value of the deal makes it a Major League Baseball record, although the £187m ($292m) 10-year contract Detroit Tigers' Miguel Cabrera signed in March pays more annually.

BBC Sport looks at how Stanton compares to a selection of sport's highest earners.

And in the time it's taken you to read this far, he's earned £26.

Floyd Mayweather

The unbeaten five-division world champion is known as 'Money Mayweather' for a reason.

According to the Forbes 2014 list of the world's highest-paid athletes, the 37-year-old earned approximately £67m ($105m) from fights against Saul Alvarez and Marcos Maidana.

Floyd Mayweather

Floyd Mayweather (left) is unbeaten in 47 professional fights

He is only the second sportsman or sportswoman to break the $100m (£64m) barrier, after golfer Tiger Woods, despite having no personal endorsements.

Mayweather signed a 30-month, six-fight deal with pay-per-view broadcasters Showtime in 2013 and tops the list.

Forbes say he has earned almost £255m ($400m) in the ring since he turned professional in 1996.

Cristiano Ronaldo

The Portuguese forward, 29, is second in the Forbes list, with an estimated annual salary of £33.2m topped up by endorsements worth £17.9m.

Ronaldo signed a new five-year contract with Real Madrid in September 2013. He has scored 275 goals in 262 games for the Champions League holders.

Tiger Woods

Woods, 38, topped the Forbes' list for 12 consecutive years until 2011 but his earnings have suffered a significant drop since he was engulfed by scandal in his personal life in 2009.

The loss of sponsors such as Accenture and EA Sports hit his bottom line, while increasing injury problems have limited his tournament play and contributed to a downturn in results.

However, despite failing to win a major tournament since 2008, Woods is still sixth in the Forbes ranking with a total income of approximately £39.1m, £35.1m of which comes from endorsements and £4m from salary and winnings.

Forbes' 2014 list of world's highest-paid athletes

Athlete
Sport
Earnings

The Forbes list covers the period between June 1, 2013 and June 1, 2014

1. Floyd Mayweather

Boxing

£67m ($105m)

2. Cristiano Ronaldo

Football

£51.1m ($80m)

3. LeBron James

Basketball

£46.2m ($72.3m)

4. Lionel Messi

Football

£41.3m $64.7m

5. Kobe Bryant

Basketball

£39.3m $61.5m

6. Tiger Woods

Golf

£39.1m ($61.2m)

7. Roger Federer

Tennis

£35.9m ($56.2m)

8. Phil Mickelson

Golf

£34m ($53.2m)

9. Rafael Nadal

Tennis

£28.4m ($44.5m)

10. Matt Ryan

American football

£28m ($43.8m)

Roger Federer

The winner of 17 Grand Slam titles, it is a keenly-contested debate as to whether the 33-year-old Swiss is the greatest tennis player of all time, but he is almost certainly the most beloved and his worldwide popularity has contributed to his vast earnings.

Seventh on the Forbes list, Federer's income was approximately £35.9m, with £33.2m from endorsements and £2.7m from his achievements on a tennis court.

Lewis Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton has won 32 grands prix, the most by a British driver

The 29-year-old Briton's current annual salary is $31m (£19.8m) without including bonuses and endorsements.

However, if the Mercedes driver wins his second Formula 1 World Championship on Sunday, he can expect his earnings to increase substantially.

Wayne Rooney

The Manchester United and England striker's latest contract, signed in February this year, is relatively close to the deal signed by Stanton, with the 29-year-old earning roughly £46.50 per hour less than the Miami Marlins man.

Rooney is thought to earn up to £300,000 a week, £1,785 every hour and just under £30 every minute.

If he saw out the length of the five-and-a-half-year deal, it will earn him more than £70m.

Forbes has his annual income at £15m, with £11.8m from his salary and £3.2m from endorsements.

Usain Bolt

The six-time Jamaican Olympic gold medallist, 28, has estimated earnings of £14.8m, almost all of which came through endorsements.

German sportswear company Puma provide his main sponsorship, worth approximately £6.4m annually.

 

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...