Monday, December 30, 2013

Monday 30th December 2013…..a busy day!!!

Still cool in the mornings and not much sun and because it is Monday you all know by now what that means…Paty comes to clean…so you know what I do before she comes!!!!

I then went into town did some chores and took Little Bluey for a shampoo and clean up

DSC00874

This young man spent over 35 minutes and cleaned and washed inside and out and the car looks great and they only charge 55 pesos!!!

Did some more chores and then went to the local deaf school where Sharon and John, a lovely Canadian couple who do so much for the local community, and helped with their Christmas project.

They placed boxes in local stores and restaurants and get gifts that are then taken out to the campo for Three Kings Day, which is the important day in the community…..so at the school with the help of many volunteers 1200 gifts were sorted and wrapped…I have helped Sharon and John now for 4 years with this project and  was sort of a team leader and with help we wrapped over 250 gifts got them sorted into girls and boys with appropriate ages and put in bags and sorted ready for delivery on Saturday.

DSC00879

 

DSC00880

It took nearly 4 hours but we did the job…..I then went to Paola's house but again no one home!!!!

Back at home my great handy man Silvestre came over and fixed the gas heater in my fireplace and also installed the docking station for my Sirius radio in the car

DSC00882

He is such a good worker always reliable and very reasonable on his prices.

So it soon gets to be evening had supper and now going to get into the tub and listen to another Canucks hockey game.

I have never been one for making New year’s resolutions but this year in fact today I have made some that will bring some small changes in my life of course I hope for the better.

Have a great evening…

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...