Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday 27th June 2012….another wonderful day!!!

Modesty only allows me to tell you that my Bro and I are tied atop of the scrabble leaderboard….

This morning was such a lovely morning we all had a leisurely breakfast and then went out to play on the lake!!!

The church that you saw on the blog yesterday is the only island church in the country and we found out for 10 Euros we could rent a row boat and go visit the church…so we did!!!

DSCF1088

DSCF1099

Malc got us to the Island…

DSCF1100

Janet looks rather regal back there!!!!

DSCF1082

There are no motor vehicles allowed on the lake so the water is clear and clean!!

DSCF1084

The steps leading up to the church.

DSCF1089

DSCF1092

J & M went inside the church and they were allowed to ring the famous bell that I mentioned yesterday!!!!

DSCF1094

DSCF1095

You would think with all my years of owning a kayak I would by now know how to row!!!!

DSCF1102

Ok ladies calm down now please…..

We came home for lunch then in the afternoon drove a few miles to this famous gorge..

DSCF1106

There was a boardwalk for about a mile along the gorge very lovely indeed!!!

DSCF1110

DSCF1113

DSCF1118

DSCF1120

DSCF1132

DSCF1137

J & M at this point decide to turn around and I continued on to the waterfall and also because I read there was another way to walk back to the campsite….

DSCF1144

DSCF1146

The walk back was about 8 km through places like this

DSCF1150

and then scenes like this

DSCF1151

DSCF1155

DSCF1158

It was a great walk home.

Tonight I BBQ and Janet fixed another wonderful meal then Malc and I went to watch the semi final of the soccer…the most boring game ever…it went to extra time but we left and decided scrabble was more exciting….for those of you avidly following the scrabble competition(well Paula I know you are)..I was able to prevail again tonight and am now I game ahead of Malc and a couple ahead of Janet with our final game tomorrow evening!!!!

It was just a great day …I do like this country!!!

1 comment:

Paula and Jerry said...

Come on Janet and Malcom!!! I'm counting on you!!!!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...