Saturday, June 09, 2012

Sunday 10th June 2012….into Germany!!

Had another great sleep even though it it is now days and two scrabble games and no victory my ego is a tad bruised!!!!

On the road by 930am heading south and within a few minutes we were in Germany and the scenery changed a bit from the flat rolling hills into high forests….Malc had done some research on where he wanted us to stay and we arrived at the RV site to find it full but no problem 4 miles down the road was another large RV park and we are booked in for 2 nights.

We are right on the banks of the fast flowing Rhine river…this is the view from my tent…

DSCF9912

this view is about 100 feet away!!!

DSCF9914

Looking back at the camp site

DSCF9929

after we got settled we walked along the river into the lovely little town

DSCF9894

DSCF9900

DSCF9897

DSCF9903

It was a great little walk…back at home time for tea!!!

DSCF9890

Our neighbors!!!

DSCF9889

I must tell you that we are having a wonderful time..Janet, Bless her, keeps us so well fed……Malc does all the driving and planning and I try to help where I can…washing dishes, making them laugh…..we travel well together the only problem is that tonight we played another game of scrabble and Mally won again…..I may have to resort to cheating to get my first win!!!

the Internet has not been easy to get, see the post below!!!

So I will try and update when I can…thanks for all the e mails…come on the those LA KINGS we need to win that Stanley Cup……..Good night!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...