Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday 26th June 2012 …..and into another country!!!

We were on the road by 9am this morning and mainly motorways till we crossed into Slovenia!!!!!

DSCF1040

and about one hour later we were at the campsite on the shores of Lake Bled!!!

Map picture

The camp site is really first class all facilities…free Wi-Fi to the site and about 150 yards away is the lake!!!

DSCF1033

 

After a good cup of tea and setting up Stella and Tilley I went for a walk all the way around the lake about 7km…..I had read that this lake is one of the few places on earth where the actual views are better than the postcards…what do you think?????

DSCF1034

DSCF1035

The church is actually on an Island in the middle of the lake!!!

DSCF1037

DSCF1044

DSCF1051

DSCF1053

DSCF1060

DSCF1063

DSCF1068

DSCF1071

It was one of the most beautiful walks…..

Tonight Janet cooked yet another great meal and now it is time for you know what…did not mention it but I won last night at the scores are now Janet 5 Malc 7 and me in the middle with 6……

The plan is for us to stay here for three nights and on Friday I will leave from the bus station and start my trek down the Adriatic Coast and J & M turn around and head home but more later about that…..

Yashi Kochi…

2 comments:

Paula and Jerry said...

Guess we need to add another country to our bucket list. These pictures are stunningly beautiful!Thanks for sharing them, Lesito. What a wonderful journey you are having!

mexicokid said...

thanks beautiful it is....cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...