Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday 22nd June 2012..yet another fantastic city……Siena!!!

Malcolm looks like he ate the Cheshire cat..

DSCF0692

after his victory again last night.

We left Stella at the camp ground, which by the way is top class and only 24 Euros, and drove the car into downtown Siena where went our separate ways again to visit the sights…..what an amazing array of architecture and enjoy the walk around….

 

DSCF0693

 

DSCF0694

The town square here is rated as one of the nicest in the world..it is surrounded on 9 sides with beautiful buildings and the coup de grace is the clock tower….

DSCF0696

DSCF0697

DSCF0699

I know I said no more steps for me till I reached Greece but I could not resist the 400 steps to the top of the tower!!!

DSCF0699

DSCF0706

It cost 8 Euros and the climb was well worth it..check out the views!!!

DSCF0737

DSCF0727

DSCF0729

What a view I would love to see the square at night with the lights and masses or people!!!

The other famous building here is the awesome Cathedral!!!

DSCF0709

DSCF0716

I did not go inside but this is taken from the open front door..

DSCF0719

DSCF0720

DSCF0721

Just a wonderful city!!!

We got back to the camp site loaded and and on the road by noon for a full afternoon of driving destination Rome!!!

Arrived around 5pm with the help of a good map and navigator and GPS…the camp is again top notch and 28 Euros which includes a free shuttle to the train station which is then 20 minutes on the train to Rome center where we will spend the whole day tomorrow….

DSCF0739

DSCF0740

Getting ready for supper then Malc and I are going to watch the soccer game Germany V Greece and then they will beat me at scrabble……

Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for joining me on this journey!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...