Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday 28th January 2010…a spa day!!

My friends were treated to the now world famous Pearson scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning and even though I say it myself the breakfast was good!!!

We then went to the next small town to visit the UNISEF site of this beautiful church.  When Sara and I were here last month there were major renovations taking place but today they were complete.

jan28 001

All the ceilings are covered in these incredible murals.

jan28 005

Then it was time for…

jan28 022 some relaxation!!!

This is indeed a beautiful setting…

jan28 006

jan28 020

Gruta means cave and at the end of this hot pool

jan28 008

is this entrance

jan28 009

and tunnel

jan28 010

jan28 012

that leads to a beautiful cave with  hot, hot water and a water spout that was invigorating…

jan28 017 This is the view coming out of the cave.

We spent a delightful afternoon here and then went to Casa Hogar.  I wanted my friends to meet my girls and see the home.

At 4pm we met Robin who took the time to show my friends the lovely home and this little rascal

jan28 023 insisted that I carry her around the whole time!!!!

Gail and Larry got to meet Paola and Daniela and about another 20 beautiful girls, we all enjoyed the visit.

For Gail and Larry’s last night they treated me again to dinner in a lovely little down town restaurant close to the main square, thank you.

It has been great again to have friends with me and it makes me realize how lucky I am.  Now ask me that at 6.30am tomorrow morning when I have to get up to take them to the bus terminal!!!!

Yet another great day!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...