Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday 15th January 2010…I know I said I wouldn’t talk about it BUT!!!!!!!!

Today was the most horrid of days it was raining hard when I woke up and it went down hill from there…

jan15 001

jan15 006

By noon it was so dark and then something I have never seen in Mexico…it started to hail!!!

jan15 004 You cannot see it in this photo but trust me it is hailing…..

I had arranged to pick up the girls at 3.30pm and by 3.15pm I had no idea how I was going to get them.

About 20 minutes later it was still raining but not so hard so I got well dressed and got on the scooter and quickly rode to Mega store, where I left the scooter and took a taxi to Casa Hogar to get the girls.  I asked the taxi driver to wait for me and I went to get Paola and Daniela and they were waiting for me.  We got back in the taxi and I had them till 6pm when their English class was to start.

By now the rain was incessant and all the roads were so bad I decided to ask the taxi driver to take us back to the Mega store.

It was time for a treat for these girls.  I got them each a basket and gave them each a 100 pesos note and said time to shop!!

jan15 011 

It was very interesting to see them and watch their behaviour…the first aisle they went to was in the pharmacy section where they both put a small bottle of mouth wash in their basket.  I made sure they knew how much the item was.

jan15 008 Check out Paola`s eye lashes!!!!!

The next thing they put in their basket was a tooth brush….then they went to the book section.

jan15 009 This one is going to be a movie star!!!

jan15 012

Time to buy a drink and of course some chocolates….

They were so cute walking around the store looking at things and trying to add up the cost of what they had bought.

In the Mega store is a small cafe and they had treats

jan15 013

then because we had some time to spare we all wrote a letter to Sara!!!

jan15 014

jan15 015 Daniela is miles away here!!!!

Soon it was time to get a taxi to the school.  When we got to the school I kept the taxi and went in and found the class had been cancelled because of the heavy rain, so back in the taxi and back to Casa Hogar.  Again I asked the taxi driver to wait.  I took the girls in and said our goodbyes and told them I would see them tomorrow, kisses all round and back to the taxi and back to Mega.

By now it was thundering  and lightening and I quickly got on the scooter and drove the couple of kilometres to home arriving cold and wet!!!!

A hot shower cheered me up but as I write at 11.30pm it is still raining BUT the long range forecast is for sunshine the next two weeks………I may have to get out my snorkel and fins!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Wandering Willy said...

Wow! What a difference a few miles and a few mountain ranges make.Yesterday for me was 94 degree heat in Tuxtla Gutierrez.
I answered your message on RV.net.

mexicokid said...

Fear not the good weather is BACK!!! I sent you an e mail, travel safe Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...