Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday 11th January 2010……Sara blogging from Kyuqout….

Good evening and a special hello to that lovely man in cold freezing San Miguel de Allende.  I miss your pampering and my coffee in the morning just does not taste the same.

So here I am back working for two months.

winter storms 012

There is a Native Reserve here with about 260 inhabitants and my patients come to see me by boat or I go to them by boat.

winter storms 003

For the last two days there has been a hurricane warning in effect, with winds of almost 70km.

winter storms 006

It is still very lovely here and everything is so lush with all the rain.

winter storms 001

This is taken from the office window.

winter storms 015

The front part is my residence and the rear is the clinic. That is a grey whale jaw bone that I found washed up on one of the small islands.  It weighs about 100 pounds.

Little Travis 4 years old came for some medicine this afternoon!!

winter storms 013

On the Reserve there is a Band Office and medical centre and I go there most days.

winter storms 011

Orcas 09 162

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The float plane taking off in the afternoon fog.

winter storms 016

Still a beautiful place to be.

winter storms 008

I have to carry the radio with me at all times and here I am on the Reserve.

winter storms 014 Shirley in the Band Office.

So that is how my day went today.  I do love working here but towards the end of my two month shift I tend to get lonely but this time I can look forward to flying down to the beaches of Mexico in early March and of course seeing Mr.Pearson.

Hope you enjoyed the tour of Kyuquot but of course in summer it looks like this!!!

day2 003

day3 020

day2 019

Best wishes Sara!!

7 comments:

Croft said...

Thanks for the photos Sara, they bring back many memories of the West (Wet) Coast!

PS: I think Les misses you, he is looking more "Weathered" all the time! ;)

Croft & Norma

mexicokid said...

I guess that is pay back for the "tunnels" comment on your blog!!!!

Croft said...

;) ;) ;)

Sara said...

Yeah but wait till March...I'll get the youth back into him.

mexicokid said...

Good come back GIRL!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Sara! We have not met, but we met Les in Puerto Morelos, Mx in 2008 and have followed his blog ever since. We live in Parksville BC, so are almost neighbours back in Canada. We are so delighted that you and Les are together, and so enjoyed seeing where you live and work on your contracted stints in Kyuqout! Maybe we will meet this summer. cheers, Daphne and Miki

mexicokid said...

Great to hear from you girls hope all is well and thanks for the kind comments...my friend Croft is coming your way so perhaps you can hook up for tea? take care best wishes Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...