Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday 10th October 2009……reflections on a lazy Saturday morning

First of all I forgot to mention what happened on Thursday evening after the eventful kayak incident.  After supper around 8.30pm Sara received a call at the clinic from a lady on the reservation wanting advice about her small puppy dog that was unwell.  Advice was given but a little while later the lady phoned again and this time Sara said she would come over.  So around 9pm we got into the boat and in the pitch black of night went to the dock on the reservation and to the ladies house.

The puppy was obviously in discomfort and Nurse Sara attended to her

 

thurs 040

which included a small tensor bandage for her neck and some liquid comfort .

thurs 038

Yesterday afternoon soon arrived and time for me to leave Sara and this incredible part of the island that I have grown to admire and enjoy.

back 001

The controls of the float plane look OK to me and the last view of Sara’s clinic and home

back 004

and away we go….

back 007

enjoy the flight with me.

back 009

back 013

back 016

The ship I arrived on last week….back 021

back 022

Almost there

back 025

A great landing

back 027

Ramona was there waiting for me and after a pleasant drive just over three hours later I was back at my home on the “Bank”.

Had a lovely family dinner with Heather, Kirby, their boys, Ken, Heather’s Mum and Ken’s sister Doll and Uncle Bob.

I happily monopolized the conservation with my epic tales of bravery and excitement of the last week.

I am now starting to get my plans together and Ramona properly equipped for the journey south which is about one month away.

I wish everyone a very happy, safe and healthy Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and being as it is my blog and I can write what I wish, love and blessings to Sara….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...