Friday, October 09, 2009

Friday 9th October 2009……last minutes

Yesterday the skies were blue and the sun was shining so brightly and Sara had some office work to do and wait for it……..I was given the morning off!!!!!!

SARA 004 I have a very pretty boss no wonder I offered for extra clerical duties!!!!

We decided to have a lazy afternoon and spent it playing back gammon …. games were tied so no one bragging!!

thurs 008

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Uchuck came in about the same time as last week when I arrived.

thurs 015

Late afternoon we decided to go for our last evening paddle.  At this juncture I want to stress that I am a pretty competent kayaker IN MY OWN KAYAK!!  The one I am using here is much bigger, sleek and more unstable than I am used to.

Anyway off we went with my leader showing the way, Sara looks like she born in a kayak!!!

thurs 016

This little white water doesn't`to look like much I knowthurs 017

now my ardent readers will immediately notice a different in the photo above and the one below!!!!thurs 021

Do I have to spell it out for you!!!!!!  I have a different top!!!  I have WET HAIR!!!!!

 

YES………………I flipped!!!!   If only I had known that Sara was such a bad loser at Back gammon she would bring me into class 28 rapids in an unstable kayak!!!!

Joking apart I did flip, lost the kayak the water was cold but I was fine and I so admired Sara, after she stopped laughing, how she recovered my kayak and paddle brought them to me and gave me her extra top, thanks!!!

thurs 035 Only minor scrapes to my arm, but Sara is a nurse……..

Friday morning now and the weather has changed this was taken from the deck a few minutes agoSARA 001

I leave on the float plane at 1.30pm and should be back in Nanaimo by 6pm.

This has been the best week of my life Sara has been a rare gem and her dedication and love of this community is unequalled.  Thank you for sharing your home and work…..I miss you!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...