Saturday, June 21, 2008

Welcome to the first day of summer

The longest day of the year and it was quite a nice day here in Nanaimo.  Had a lazy morning reading some newspapers, did my regular walk on the sea wall about 5 miles then settled down to watch a live soccer game from the European cup finals in Switzerland.

In the afternoon at the down town park by the sea wall there was a small Aboriginal Festival that I enjoyed walking around.Copy of loik 008

 loik 006

loik 005

loik 013loik 016 Then it was off to watch Ken’s grandson, Zach pitch in a baseball game.  Ken is in the photo here on the right with his Uncle Bill.  Uncle bill is only a sprightly 94 years of age, he looks better than me!!!!

I leave for Kelowna tomorrow night after I referee a soccer game in the morning.  I am looking forward to my first trip in Ramona since the winter, it will nice to get back on the road for a few days.

Wish you all a great weekend and as they say in Costa Rica…Pura Vida!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...