Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th……..

Well the sun has finally decided to make an appearance and the weekend forecast is a good one.

 

Today Heather who is Ken’s daughter in law invited Ken and I to the care facility where she works as the staff there were treating the Father’s to a special treat, a belly dancer was coming to perform.  So Ken and I got dressed in our Sunday best and away we went.

 

Heather is in the white on the right.

miuuu 003 miuuu 026 miuuu 020 miuuu 021

miuuu 010 You can see Ken and I were not enjoying this at all!!!!!!

 

It was a lovely afternoon and it was obvious that all the residents enjoyed the afternoon.

 

I want to take this opportunity to publicly thank every care and support worker in all the care facilities all over of the world.  Your love, caring and compassion is unbelievable.  Both my parents passed away in their sleep at home without any serious and lengthy hospital stays and for that I am always thankful but if they had to have gone into a home it is so comforting to know there are people like you in this world.

 

I salute you all!!!!!  Have a great weekend, blessings..

2 comments:

Croft said...

I can only second everything you said about Care Givers! My Father In Law just passed away and he had been given the best care possible. In fact one of the care givers just happened to be the daughter of a person from Nanaimo that I worked with for many decades. It truly is a small world!

Croft

Scotty said...

Great pictures Les. It's so nice to see you a Dad having such a blast. Friends like you are very hard to find. You are truly a god send. I hope to see next year when I come for my visit.

The Eastern Andersons

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...